Tri-State Regional Extension Center
HealthLINC Can Guide You Through the Process of Achieving “Meaningful Use”
The Tri-State Regional Extension Center (REC) is one of a select group of organizations throughout the U.S. designated as having the experience and capacity necessary to assist health care providers with the task of modernizing their practices with certified EHRs. We have been selected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health Information Technology to serve providers, with a focus on primary care providers, in South Central Indiana.
For providers who do not currently have an EHR system, HealthLINC will help you choose and implement one in your office. For providers who already have a system, we can help eligible providers meet the criteria for incentive payments from Medicare or Medicaid for the meaningful use of EHRs.
What is “Meaningful Use”?
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 specifies three main components of Meaningful Use:
- The use of a certified EHR in a meaningful manner, such as e-prescribing.
- The use of certified EHR technology for electronic exchange of health information to improve quality of health care.
- The use of certified EHR technology to submit clinical quality and other measures.
Simply put, “meaningful use” means providers need to show they’re using certified EHR technology in ways that can be measured significantly in quality and in quantity.
Why Use The REC
Hurry! Registration Is Open….
We encourage providers to register for the Medicare and/or Medicaid EHR Incentive Program(s) as soon as possible. You can register before you have a certified EHR. Click her to register.
Preferred Vendor Program
“The process of choosing an EHR can be difficult for physicians,” said David Groves, Executive Director of the Tri-State REC. “We have created this supported vendor list to identify products that meet the functional requirements necessary to achieve meaningful use, offer exceptional usability, and support high-quality patient care. However, we are committed to working with any practice or provider, regardless of which certified EHR vendor they choose.”
- Allscripts – Professional
- Athenahealth – AthenaNet
- Axolotl EMR
- eClinicalWorks – eCW EHR
- GE Healthcare – Centricity
- NextGen Healthcare – NextGen EHR
Which Indiana REC should I use?
Get Started Today!
To begin receiving Tri-State REC Services simply sign and return the Provider Agreement (including the HIPAA Business Associate Agreement).
Return Completed Agreements:
- Indiana Medicaid Information
- CMS Overview of EHR Incentive Programs
- Who is Tri-State REC (1 page handout)
- In a Nutshell: Why Electronic Health Records?
- Meaningful Use FAQ
- Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs Payment Table
- Measures Overview